This Certainly is a Silly Thread

Should I add a poll to this thread?

• Total voters
This thread has gone way beyond silly if anyone thinks its worth wasting electrons stating that Shoneys is better than Awful House.

good lord man - next you'll be saying that one design beats phrf !!!

phrf beats one design which beats phrf ...

This thread has gone way beyond silly if anyone thinks its worth wasting electrons stating that Shoneys is better than Awful House.

good lord man - next you'll be saying that one design beats phrf !!!

It all depends on whether onedesign is considered to be a single word. If it is, it would more likely reach to a double or triple word score square and if it only intersects with one other already played letter, a Scrabble player would receive a 50 point bonus for using all seven letters.

Merrily, and a bunch of other masters, could have made a right turn at interstate Ten and come straight to the Easter Laser Regatta but..

Silly old farts anyway!!!

Merrily, and a bunch of other masters, could have made a right turn at interstate Ten and come straight to the Easter Laser Regatta but..

Silly old farts anyway!!!

Well, I don't deny that I'm a silly old fart, but did you want us hanging around your yacht club for the next month? I don't eat much, but my husband's got a pretty good appetite. Now I feel I've missed a golden opportunity. You could have really taught me to sail. Then I'd be :cool:.

I thought you were gonna teach us!!

and..The idea of fifty extra Laser sailors hanging out at Austin Yacht Club for a month is damn near orgasmic.

My blushes!!

Does this mean we really can arrive early for your regatta? :confused:

And I ain't teaching anybody but the newest sailors anything about Lasers or racing. :(

My blushes!!

Does this mean we really can arrive early for your regatta? :confused:

And I ain't teaching anybody but the newest sailors anything about Lasers or racing. :(

Certainly. The Austin Yacht Club is about racing sailboats. Practicing on teh home waters is just part of teh game. Since the easter lasewr regatta is consistently teh largest one design event in Texas and has been that with the sole exception od nationals, North American or World championships for the last 25 years in a row...AYC considers the Easter laser Regatta to be a big deal sailing event. People always show up early.

Usually we have one or two snow birds from Canada or Minnesota who whow up early in the week or even a couple weeks early.

We have 38 acres, showers, camping areas, outdoor charcoal grills, and cabins for a reason.

We have 38 acres, showers, camping areas, outdoor charcoal grills, and cabins for a reason.

Oooo. If the weather is predicted to be warm, (in late March, yikes), we'll be there early. If it's gonna be cold, we'll be begging for someplace warmer than our Starwind.

The Starwind will always be warmed al lot and or cooled slightly by the water beneath it. The water will be well up in teh 60s . So inside a floating boat there will be no cold nights anyway.

And with teh hundred od other visitors, there will be jokes and stories to keep everybody warm and toasty.

The Starwind will always be warmed al lot and or cooled slightly by the water beneath it. The water will be well up in teh 60s . So inside a floating boat there will be no cold nights anyway.

And with teh hundred od other visitors, there will be jokes and stories to keep everybody warm and toasty.

Well, if the water warms the boat into the mid 60's, no worries. I'll have a warm man next to me for the rest. :D

Ok now back to the silliness.

I just bought some trophies.

Il Bastardo as usual for whoever finishes in front of me. andd other wines to reveal at the event

I'm a little late responding here, but don't you mean turn left at Interstate 10? Going north out of Florida toward Ohio, Texas is out the driver's side window, isn't it?

I'm a little late responding here, but don't you mean turn left at Interstate 10? Going north out of Florida toward Ohio, Texas is out the driver's side window, isn't it?

You must understand the mentality of the masters. If you tell them one thing they will do the opposite.

I figured they would all arrive here 1000 miles and two days after making the turn while shouting, "No way I'm doing anything because Fred thinks it's a good idea."

Seriously?? A few years ago I wrote directions and posted them on my website. I wrote the directions from the North and when I rewrote the directions coming from the south I simply changed all the right turns to leaf turns and vice versa.

The last turn off Hudson Bend Road and onto Beacon Drive is a right turn. When I changed it to a left turn I got calls from sailors who had nowhere to go but into a vacant field.

Wish I had found this earlier>>>>

77028.jpg

has anyone else noticed the Klingon captain in "The Trouble With Tribbles" is the same guy who was the spoiled brat named Tralaine who used teh Enterprise as a playtoy????

has anyone else noticed the Klingon captain in "The Trouble With Tribbles" is the same guy who was the spoiled brat named Tralaine who used teh Enterprise as a playtoy????

If I noticed that, I'd forgotten. To give you an idea of my decrepitude, I first watched those episodes when I was in high school, when they were first run. I was just thinking of Tribbles the other day when I read a food label and one of the grains was triticale. The Tribbles feasted on quadro-triticale in the hold of the Enterprise. And Tralaine, didn't he turn into a little alien chicken at the end of the episode? At the end of a Laser sailing session, I'm hungry enough to eat a little alien chicken. What kind of fixin's would you have with a little alien chicken, anyway?

you want fries with that?

Wow. Which institution of higher learning did you attend??
Around here if you can ask that question without looking at a script* the University of Texas will give you a BA in Liberal Arts.

* You may look at a script provided it is a drive through window ,or the script is kept out of sight under the sales counter

Sorry we didn't do this sooner. Here is an Aussie map of the area where most North American Laser sailors live. Merrily is near Cincinnatti, I am near Austin.

Shouldn't she spell that name Merilee?? It would be much more nautical.

UpsideDown%20Detail.jpg

You are truly glad you don't sail a Laser in Edmonton. The season is way short and I went over the rest of my reasons at great length in 2002.

Wow almost an entire post without pitching the Easter Laser Regatta

thank you for sending link to women sailing group; joined tonight.will be sailing in annapolis in frostbite series sun. great competition, average 25 lasers.
jrf
laser girls kick ass

thank you for sending link to women sailing group; joined tonight.will be sailing in annapolis in frostbite series sun. great competition, average 25 lasers.
jrf
laser girls kick ass

June Rose, I notice on the women's group that your name hasn't come up yet. She usually introduces new members after approving them. The moderator must be on vacation!

Just adding some Futcher to the thread.

Maybe Merrilleee can be the designated "JR" for marshmallow peeps??"

JR can explain if she chooses

Back