tack question

imamonkeytoday

Hi, new to the forum. I just recently got a Laser 2 (circa 1981). Anyway, could someone tell me where to fasten the tack of the main sail? As there is no harware on the mast or boom. Also, where do people nomally store their halyard tails when the sails are up? Thanks.
-MK

imamonkeytoday said:
Hi, new to the forum. I just recently got a Laser 2 (circa 1981). Anyway, could someone tell me where to fasten the tack of the main sail? As there is no harware on the mast or boom. Also, where do people nomally store their halyard tails when the sails are up? Thanks.
-MK

Please note that it will be the same as a laser 1 (except for the halyard tails), if that's why no one has yet to respond.

What's a tack? And I have absolutely no idea where the halyard enters the cockpit on a laser 2. But I guess wherever the halyard is, the main idea is the furl it up neatly, tie it off with a couple of half hitches and try and find somewhere to wede it under so it wont move around. Whenever i've sailed on 2 man boats they've had small bags attached to the cockpit walls with bungy chord or valcro, these were great for storing the halyard in.

tack is the front bottom corner of the sail jackson. on the laser, we have the cunningham that holds it down, but on a laser 2 i dont think they use the same system, & the rops from the halyards just get rolled up & either put in a spinnaker bag or you can roll the excess up & jam them between the mast & where the halyard comes out & is cleated off.

Thanx for the responses. yachtie2k4 is correct ,as the laser2 has a tack and a cunningham. I think I've figured out the tack now(smallish line from tack cringle 45 degree down around back of gooseneck and back) and the cunningham is obvious.maybe a couple small cleats on the base of the mast are in order'since I dont care about being class legal.Blasphemy I guess. Wonder what they would say about the built in icebox I'm planning..
thanx MK

Tie the halyards to the U ring where the spin pole attachs on the mast. That way it won't sky!

neatly coil up the jib and main halyards and wedge them into the diamonds
the tack is tied down to the boom with a simple piece of line

Back