sweet b day gifts

I have angered the laser maven

I sincerely apologize to all & in no way was recommending that young sailors should spend their birthday windfalls on inappropriate things.

It was an inappropriate joke but meant in jest.

Respectfully
R

roshambo said:
I have angered the laser maven

I sincerely apologize to all & in no way was recommending that young sailors should spend their birthday windfalls on inappropriate things.

It was an inappropriate joke but meant in jest.

Respectfully
R

Laser maven--now that I like!

I know you were kidding around, but we have to look out for the young people. Now if you had said the same thing to an adult on TLF, I wouldn't be concerned. Thank you for your consideration.

Merrily said:
Laser maven--now that I like!

I know you were kidding around, but we have to look out for the young people. Now if you had said the same thing to an adult on TLF, I wouldn't be concerned. Thank you for your consideration.

O.K. merrily thanks for sticking up for me and all but really don't treat me like i'm 6.

crazysailor said:
O.K. merrily thanks for sticking up for me and all but really don't treat me like i'm 6.

OK, Crazysailor, there are a number of things about that. First, all of us could use someone watching our backs at one time or another, even us 50-somthings.

Second, it's not just about you. Bradley Green, the owner of TLF, says that it's a place where everyone should feel they can post without fear of a smackdown. (Or something like that, paraphrased, OK?) So it's all about setting a tone. Lasers are sailed by a broad range of people, so no one should say anything they wouldn't say in mixed age and gender company. Those boundaries are stretched all the time here, because of the anonymity of the 'net, but I feel that the line between adults and minors must stay firm. If it doesn't, then TLF just becomes a room full of crazy uncles which makes modest people cringe, and then they don't post.

Third, does your mother know about your thoughts on fake IDs?

Fourth, what are you getting with your birthday money? Did you like my dry suit suggestion?

/
Merrily said:
OK, Crazysailor, there are a number of things about that. First, all of us could use someone watching our backs at one time or another, even us 50-somthings.

Second, it's not just about you. Bradley Green, the owner of TLF, says that it's a place where everyone should feel they can post without fear of a smackdown. (Or something like that, paraphrased, OK?) So it's all about setting a tone. Lasers are sailed by a broad range of people, so no one should say anything they wouldn't say in mixed age and gender company. Those boundaries are stretched all the time here, because of the anonymity of the 'net, but I feel that the line between adults and minors must stay firm. If it doesn't, then TLF just becomes a room full of crazy uncles which makes modest people cringe, and then they don't post.

Third, does your mother know about your thoughts on fake IDs?

Fourth, what are you getting with your birthday money? Did you like my dry suit suggestion?

Dry suit sounds sweet, but my school is also having a ski trip to france over march break so...decisions decisions
:)

Back