Sunfishclass.org

Neil

I've not been able to get on Sunfishclass.org the last few times I've tried. Does anyone know why? Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

I have been having a lot of problems logging onto the page. I keep getting the "page cannot be displayed" page. I have 2 computers next to each other- one would not log on tonight, the other did. No idea why- same ISP.

Gail Turluck has posted on the listserve that the Sunfish class
website is down and others know it is down. They will try to have
it fixed. Katrina might be the reason it is down.

Thanks Tom. I wondered if Katrina might have had something to do with it. See you at Devil's Lake.

Scap114: Thanks for the reply. Your computer that showed the website (when your other computer wouldn't) is probably showing a copy stored in the computer's cache memory.

The workings of computers always amaze me.
I doubt I was seeing a stored page from the cache memory of the other computer, as I ws able to post from that computer and read updated posts.
This morning when I tried to log on to the Sunfish site I got the "page cannot be displayed" message again, but when iI checked my mail and saw a reply to the thread I posted on and clicked on the link, I went right to the site.
I was thinking it was something with my ISP but I have no trouble going to any other site.

We're not talking about this message board, but rather the main Sunfish class website page. It's been down for several days and yes if you have a problem getting in here it is most likely a local server problem, but the Sunfish class web site is DOWN and anything that comes up will be a cached on your computer page.

It is clear now what has been happening, as I go to the class website to check on class news and then come to the Sunfish forum via the link. I have bookmarked the forum site and that should solve the problem.
Thanks, problem should be solved getting to the Sunfish forum now.
I wonder if, what seems like a low number of post lately, is do to others doing the same thing (Sunfishclass.org to Sunfishforum. com via link) ?

I believe the outage is Katrina related. This forum and class the website are hosted on completely different servers in different cities.

If the class needs space on a temporary or long term basis to host the site, I will be glad to put it up.

Yep, for now, the web page is back up. Investigations into the situation are ongoing. Thanks to Bradley for keeping the posting board viable and people aware of it. It will be a good backup and Sunfishers are encouraged to keep a record of how to access it should be web page drop out again.

Sincerely,

Gail

Gail M. Turluck
USSCA Secretary

Back