Repair Sunfish aluminum gunnel/gunwale

I did a write up on this forum of how I did it and it turned out great search for

Installing aluminum rub rail around the corners on a Sunfish...​

Looking for tips for sunfish aluminum gunnel replacement, specifically the bow.
I have several complete sets of aluminum Sunfish deck/hull for $45 a set. Simply remove your existing trim (a 15 minute job) and pop rivet on a "new" set (1/2 hour job.) Trying to bend a straight piece to a curve is very difficult if you don't have all the specialized tools. I am less than two hours from you.
E-mail me at : [email protected] if you are interested.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

I did a write up on this forum of how I did it and it turned out great search for

Installing aluminum rub rail around the corners on a Sunfish...​

Thanks so much for the insight. Withe your response and a couple others, I have a selection of good alternatives. I only wish I'd used the forum earlier and prior to buying a straight replacement piece and now am under the gun to fininsh it for my grandkids to use this summer.

I have several complete sets of aluminum Sunfish deck/hull for $45 a set. Simply remove your existing trim (a 15 minute job) and pop rivet on a "new" set (1/2 hour job.) Trying to bend a straight piece to a curve is very difficult if you don't have all the specialized tools. I am less than two hours from you.
E-mail me at : [email protected] if you are interested.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY
Great alternative, thaks for the insight. I've lrreday bought a new straight piece, but we have a couple Sunfish, so it's pretty likely I'll have the need again and will certainly keep your alternative in mind,

Back