storage of Laser

To get right to the point, I am new to this forum and need quick response from knowledgable lazer owners...
I need to leave my 15' lazer in Maryland while I return to Montana... The only available storage space is outside, I have 2 saw horses to keep it off the ground and have used a blue tarp to wrap the boat tightly. The tarp in years past breaks down, allowing water to access and get stagnet and is making direct contact with the boat hull...
What is next the best option for me?
I don't think leaving the boat up on it's side resting next to the garage is the best option.
Any thoughts?
Cheers,
Montana Shore Boy

Re: storage of Lazer

Store the boat upside down on the sawhorses. In the shade, if possible.

Re: storage of Lazer

It actually is fine to store a Laser on its side, resting on one of the gunwales. How long do you have to leave your boat? If for very long, you may want to spring for proper covers. Water constantly on gelcoat can blister it.

To get right to the point, I am new to this forum and need quick response from knowledgable lazer owners...
I need to leave my 15' lazer in Maryland while I return to Montana... The only available storage space is outside, I have 2 saw horses to keep it off the ground and have used a blue tarp to wrap the boat tightly. The tarp in years past breaks down, allowing water to access and get stagnet and is making direct contact with the boat hull...
What is next the best option for me?
I don't think leaving the boat up on it's side resting next to the garage is the best option.
Any thoughts?
Cheers,
Montana Shore Boy

You said you had a garage? If possible maybe you can tie a sling and hang it if you trust the rafters. I did this for my laser when it lived in New Jersey, and it was great, hoisted it right on the dolly. I wish I had pictures of it...

That was mostly to add on to what wavedancer said though, definitely dont leave it upsidedown in the sun

I would be worried about the boat falling off of the saw horses during a storm. Particularly if you have a loose fitting cover. Storing the Laser on it's side is one of the best ways to store it. If you can lean it against the garage and it is out of the sun that sounds like a good option to me.

I would be worried about the boat falling off of the saw horses during a storm. Particularly if you have a loose fitting cover.

I agree that's a concern. Storing the hull upside down on two by fours is a better option.

Back