Sponsorship legality?

ChalmersP

Hey guys! I have this bright idea of lightening up my regatta costs with a sponsorship from my friends dads company. My idea was to give a price range and whatnot, then offer to display their logo on my sail/boat. I havent looked deep into the rules on this, but it seems like the Olympians have tons of sponsors, and stickers! Anyone have further insight on this?
Thanks a bunch guys!

it is legal but you need to put the advertising in the right spot especially if its on the sail, usually the bigger and more important the race the more strict they are about measuring

make a good marketing packet to give to potential sponsors, let them know how many people will see the ad and any other relevant information

Ok! Thanks, the only big regattas im looking at this season are Orange Bowl, District 13 Champs and Midwinters east... I was figuring I would ask my sponsor for registration fees, lodging and maybe a little bit of gear for those international or JO regattas... Would it be wiser to ask for a "budget" instead of specific costs every regatta?
Thanks again!

Back