Spar Carrier

kch88

I am tired of trying to tie a bunch of random ropes and bungees around twice every time I sail my boat, and then having to worry that they're going to stay on while I drive home. I am considering getting one of the spar carriers for trailering. Does anyone have a preference, how well do they work, and are they worth the expense? Thanks.

I looked at those on APS, and from the picture it looks like the spars just sit in them to keep them off the deck, but aren't actually secured by them. Is this correct? If so, what else do you use to secure the spars for travel?

two little bungee/shockcord lines wrap around and under the hiking strap. Secure.

I'll take a picture and post it. I'm going sailing in a bit, so it's all set up.

see if this works.......
DSCN2270.JPG

nice....so, I usually use two of those little straps to tie the spars down tight if I'm going on the highway.

I'm 99% sure the shockcord would hold the spars tight enough to not have them move around, but I really don't want to find out if I'm wrong.

Whole process probably takes me 1 1/2 minutes to set up. really easy.

Nautical America is Ken. He is one really nice old man Laser sailor. Anything he has or will ever offer to the public will be well thought out, well made, properly priced and...the best part?? if he makes enough money making trailers and other widgets, he shows up at regattas and WE ALL benefit from being allowed to hang out with him.

This has been a totally biased and totally honest sales pitch!!!

Ken is as great as the guv says.

He was one of the people who right off the bat treated me with respect despite my age. Lots of people were a little confused at what was up, he never missed a beat and was always helpful.

Ken is a great guy, with well thought out, simple products that work. He's a true asset to the Laser class, no doubt about that :)

Back