spar cap

The cap on my top section came off and got stuck inside my bottom section, i tried using a coat hanger to get it out but didn't succeed, my coach said i cant sail without that cap cus it will reck my mast. anyone got some creative ideas on how to get it out?

Drop something heavy down the top which should hopefully knock it and the bottom plug out which you can put back on later.

I was kinda hoping for something that didnt imply taking the cap on the top off cause i dont think taking it off will be easy

Assuming that the top and bottom mast sections will still properly fit together then leave it where it is and buy/fit a new one. :)

You could take the bottom cap off the lower section and force it out with a long pole, if its really jammed try some dish soap.

The other way would be to get some kind of a screw into so that you have something to grip when pulling it out.

so i tried taking of the screw to get off the cap on the other side but that cap is actually glued in so now its really stuck

so i tried taking of the screw to get off the cap on the other side but that cap is actually glued in so now its really stuck

Another thing you could try is one of those grapling hooks for picking up dropped bolts in tight places, you can get them at any autoparts store. You can stick it through the hole in the cap then press the button to expand the hooks, that might work. If it doesn't work initially you could try bending the hooks the other way so that when it expands the hooks will grip.

about $5 [ame="http://www.amazon.com/OEM-25291-Four-Claw-Pick/dp/B000CMFK0Q/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1271551106&sr=8-10"]Amazon.com: OEM 25291 Four Claw Pick Up Tool: Home Improvement[/ame]

done i actually did it... i cant really say that, more like my coaches did it!!! they filled it up with water and banged the mast piece against the ground until it came out!!:) i didnt have to buy a new one yay :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):
sorry im just happy!

Back