Somewhere to race Oct. 15 near ColieSails

RobKoci

I am picking up my new boat from Colie Sails in NJ on Oct. 14. I have a day before I have to head back to Toronto and was hoping someone knew of a race near Colie (2 hours drive, maybe?) that I could hook up with. Let me know.

Thanks.

Uh oh...Rob's getting a new boat!

You're going to bring it down to Florida this winter and kick my butt at the Masters regattas, aren't you?

See ya then...
Michelle

Michelle said:
Uh oh...Rob's getting a new boat!

You're going to bring it down to Florida this winter and kick my butt at the Masters regattas, aren't you?

See ya then...
Michelle
It'll be coming down this year. As for kicking yout butt, I'm not so sure. When I was emailing Ryan Minth about the boat, he was wise to remind me not to expect too much, just 'cause the boat is new. It's still the guy at the helm that counts the most.

Look forward to seeing you and everyone else in the sunny State. I haven't seen any schedules yet for the circuit (Florida Masters, Midweek Madness, Mid Winter Masters) Any word on any of those?

Merrily said:
Well, where is Colie Sails? My event is the 14th, but anyone who sails it is welcome to stay for our Sunday afternoon club race.

Colie Sails is in Point Pleasant NJ. Where are you? If you are on the way home (somewhere between NJ and Toronto) that would be great. I can drive home via Buffalo (under Lake Ontario through NY) or Watertown (over Lake Ontario).

RobKoci said:
Colie Sails is in Point Pleasant NJ. Where are you? If you are on the way home (somewhere between NJ and Toronto) that would be great. I can drive home via Buffalo (under Lake Ontario through NY) or Watertown (over Lake Ontario).

Columbus, OH, which is a fair bit out of your way. It's the west end of Lake Erie above us, and Buffaloe is 5 to 6 hours drive away. We'd love to see you, Rob, but understand. New Jersey is 10 hours.

It looks like Cedar Point is the place to go, I think. The drive to the west end of Lake Erie takes me a long way away from the route home. Thanks for the offer, though. I am sure I will get out there to race next summer.

Back