Media SF Bay Laser

Dennis

Nice to sail by the Golden Gate close to shore out of the chop.

Attachments

• GG Bridge Laser.jpg
    GG Bridge Laser.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 138
Dennis, aren´t u the one, that Shevy quoted for a while last year on his famous website?
And, isn´t it much cold there in the water when you capsize (if you ever do... ;) ) - Heared somewhere, that the water there not far away of the famous ex-prison-island is rather cold?

I have to chime in on this subject. The SF Bay is very cold ( by California standards) most of the year. Today, midsummer, it is in the mid 50s F. Most of the time if you are going out on the bay in a Laser, then you will want a wetsuit on. Here is a link to other pictures from a recent regatta that took place between Alcatraz (the ex-prison) and the Golden Gate Bridge.
http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/album.jsp?aid=768a5498cf4b4a6e303a
Ralph

LooserLu said:
Dennis, aren´t u the one, that Shevy quoted for a while last year on his famous website?
And, isn´t it much cold there in the water when you capsize (if you ever do... ;) ) - Heared somewhere, that the water there not far away of the famous ex-prison-island is rather cold?

I confess - Shevy did have some of my photos and quotes on his website. I didn't know it was gone...
Yes - where I sail in SF and Tomales Bays it is "full wetsuit, all the time." When I have traveled and sailed in warm water I find I almost miss the wetsuit. I get scraped and bruised up without the "body armor!"

Dennis

Back