Serial number/ year of Sunfish

Judge

I have an older Sunfish that has a tag on it with the following information: SNF 2 026 It has been in our family since new, but I can't remember when my father purchased it. Can anyone help me in determining the age of my Sunfish and manufacturer. Thanks for your help.

Thanks so much for your help. I am new to all of this. What does an Alcort original mean? I remember the first Sunfish that my father bought for our cottage was made of plywood and the sail was made of a material other than nylon. It leaked all the time and if it turned over it was very difficult to get upright again because the sail was so heavy with water. Thereafter he bought this Sunfish.... you may be right it probably was in the 1960's. It has a wooden daggeboard and rudder and a chrome automatic bailer. It is blue with a white stripe across the bow.

Thanks so much for your help. I am new to all of this. What does an Alcort original mean? I remember the first Sunfish that my father bought for our cottage was made of plywood and the sail was made of a material other than nylon. It leaked all the time and if it turned over it was very difficult to get upright again because the sail was so heavy with water. Thereafter he bought this Sunfish.... you may be right it probably was in the 1960's. It has a wooden daggeboard and rudder and a chrome automatic bailer. It is blue with a white stripe across the bow.

There have been several manufacturers of the Sunfish. Alcort was the first one; hence, my use of the word 'original'.

Back