Separating the inner and outer hull of an Omega 14

Capt. Rav

My Omega 14 (Hull 1143) has some severe stress cracking along the deep parts of the seats. Is there a way to separate the inner and outer hulls of the Omega 14 so I can freely access the backside of all the fiberglass along the benches and hull? I haven't yet looked in the centerboard box to see how the two parts connect in the center.

My current thought is to separate along the backside of the rub rail, find some place to separate around the centerboard, and simply lift the deck away from the hull. Not knowing what the structure is like inside the cavity, this may or may not be sufficient.

Maybe the Manufacturer would be willing to disclose this information.

It would be great to have an "Exploded View" of the boat so we know how all the internals look and where all the attachment points are before it's all glued together.

If anyone already has such a diagram ...please do share it!

After some consideration

I thought about it some and I think I've come up with some ways to approach this. Cut some inspection ports on both sides on the front of the benches. That'll let me see into the cavity at the very least. I should be able to plan from there.

It'll be some time before work starts, but I'll post info as I progress.

Back