Seitech dolly size for laser

Denome

I bought a used seitech dolly on Craigslist. Seller did not know what size boat it had been purchased or used for. It was in two pieces for transport and to my dismay, I discovered it was missing a 48-52 inch piece of square tube aluminum called the aft center support. My search of the Internet suggests I can buy a replacement part for $60-70. I was interested in knowing the dimensions of the laser dolly to order parts. An old link given on this site no longer works. If anyone has the time to take some quick measurements on their seitech, I would appreciate it.

My dolly measurements of the aluminum parts including the part that inserts into the fittings (not just the exposed aluminum) are as follows:

Two rear upright stanchions: 12 inches each
Rear axle: 60 inches
Front stanchions: 23 1/2 inches
Fore center support: 48 inches
Aft center support: ?

Seems to me, the axle length on mine may be wider than those dollies built for lasers. My dolly does have the bow support piece to fit the laser, however.

Any help is appreciated.

The dollies weren't sold by size, but by boat type. Seitech is pretty much kaput, but the original owner has started a new company. Try looknig here:

http://dynamicdollies.com/

I'll go and dig for the paperwork for my dolly. It may have a parts list that could be useful.

Some people just never throw anything away. Keep in mind this is a very old version. It has smaller wheels, and they may have re-worked the geometry at some point.

9186084199_525b9269b1_o.jpg

Thanks Torrid.
That's exactly the info I was looking for. My dolly seems to have been built for a different, larger boat. I'll order the 48 inch piece and consider cutting down and redrilling the ones that are too long.

Back