Search advice

the search function is great with a single word... repair, sail, etc

any suggetions on how to search multiple words ?... drain plug, "drain plug", drain + plug, drain+plug.... all yield results on drain or plug, but no help with drain plugs...:mad:

cheers
Bill TGH

Re: Search advice on drain plugs

jumpin' jeeesuus... there's a Google feature that I've been sadly innocent of knowledge... Thanks Tag.

now, here'e my problem that the search didn't answer.

1962 Sunfish Ser 5229 built in Richmond Hill, Ont. It has two brass drain plugs (well, had...) that do not look like these currently available plugs... http://www.sailsportmarine.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=301

any thought on if theye are a replacement that will fit the old style, or will I have to mill a brass bolt (1/2" & 13 threads per inch) to match the old one ?

cheers
Bill TGH

what about just taking out the old ones, and switching to the new(er) style drain plugs? at less than $5 each, it might be a cheaper route to consider?
http://www.sailsportmarine.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_25_37_120&products_id=374

Plug_RWO.jpg

Sounds like your boat has the same drain plugs as one of mine. I can see later tonight if the ones you linked to are interchangable or not as I have one boat that has that style.

But like Tag said it may be easier to just go with the new style ones.

Re: Search advice on drain plugs

Folks, I appreciate all the good advice...

My boys have put a lot of effort into rebuilding & repainting the Sunfish, only to have me loose one of the plugs just hours before we are to hit the water.

I've tried a multitude of local sources to find a temporary replacement that would fit the existing drain hole (a brass carrige bolt, cut back & slotted would have been fine) with no luck. So my friends at the local fab shop have agreed to mill a duplicate from brass stock. It too will have no chain, but I have promisd the lads I will not touch the plug once installed.

Special thanks to Gord & Joe at Dynex in Freddy Beach.

cheers
Bill TGH

Back