SB3 vs other sportboats

R

Ross B

Re: Bought a Laser Bahia!

I'm about the acquisition of Vanguard, and that they are finally bringing out the Melges 24 killer, the SB3! such a nice boat!

Ross, the SB3 was quite a beauty but in a completely different zone, pricewise. You'd need to be in a fleet of those and race them as that's its purpose. Of course, the Laser Bahia can be raced, but it has so many ways of using it, you can own one alone.

yea, the SB3 needs fleets, and I got a feeling they are gonna grow quick! The price of the thing scares me, but thats sailing for ya

There has been a lot of discussion of these types of boats on (do I dare mention it :eek:) Sailing Anarchy. Many think that the Viper beats the SB3 on most points, if you want to go the (~20 ft) 'sportboat' route.

I wouldn´t even consider the SB3 a sportboat, simply from an SA/Displacement point of view. However, this boat can be great for one design racing if a fleet grows.

is this gonna be one of those "what really is a skiff" discussions?

I hear ya Ross. I'm really excited for them to be coming. Even if I can't own one, people still need crew right? :D

Back