Sailing in England?

Merrily

Administrator
Does anyone know a good place to hire a Laser for a few hours of sailing?
I've just booked my flight. I'll be in England for a couple of weeks beginning Sept 19. We'll have a car for part of the trip and will be in the London area, Essex, and in Liverpool.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Janet/Merrily

This is a great question. I'm studying abroad this fall at the University of Sussex in Brighton, England. I don't think I can go 10 weeks without sailing! I plan to look into the college's sailing club/team, but going on my own would be cool too. So if anyone also knows about the Brighton area, please let me know! I'm headin over Sept 17.

chrisbrown97330 said:
This is a great question. I'm studying abroad this fall at the University of Sussex in Brighton, England. I don't think I can go 10 weeks without sailing! I plan to look into the college's sailing club/team, but going on my own would be cool too. So if anyone also knows about the Brighton area, please let me know! I'm headin over Sept 17.

You could try Netley sailing club, located on the east coast of Southampton Water.
Good luck and happy sailing
Chris Dodds 159434:)

janet on your way between liverpool and london stop off at nottinghamshire you can happily borrow my laser arrive wednesday night or sunday afternoon you can race.nottingham worth a look round famous for lace and robin hood .if you have a map the club is five miles from junction 28 of the m1 motorway.if you cant get let me know where you are stopping and ill try to contact a few clubs /organiations over here for you .check out the price of an xd kit for me over there would you.its £400 here sails are £400 pound+. best wishes sean

yaesumusen said:
janet on your way between liverpool and london stop off at nottinghamshire you can happily borrow my laser arrive wednesday night or sunday afternoon you can race.nottingham worth a look round famous for lace and robin hood .if you have a map the club is five miles from junction 28 of the m1 motorway.if you cant get let me know where you are stopping and ill try to contact a few clubs /organiations over here for you .check out the price of an xd kit for me over there would you.its £400 here sails are £400 pound+. best wishes sean

Sean,
Did you receive my PM?
Janet

hi janet yes i got your pm work has kept me of the pc ,we have had a problem with weed at the sailing club at the moment a third of our water is unsailable.the problem is getting worse you can nearly watch it grow .i have been trying to make something to harvest it also .i looked back in dinghy sailing magazine . i could find no adverts for liverpool. the south coast of england has plenty of watersport centres.another enginer at work laser sailor as well we work for a jcb dealer has hired from carsington in derbyshire inland though.i used to sail on the north west coast at a place caled glason in lancs mainly cruisers thouigh there were a few dinghys there nice friendly club though i am going to get a list of clubs and contacts in the area\s you are staying and telephone them.wil try to have some positive results for you tomorow.speak to you soon .

Back