Sail & Rigging Help? ~ AlumaCraft S-14 ~ Rolly Tasker

wildgirl

Hello all,
There are pictures of the sail, jib & rigging in the photo gallery now. As I mentioned in response to Mike, I still haven't measured stuff - but I laid everything out, hosed it off & rigged as best I could figure with what came with the boat. News: it has jib! It was stuffed in the bottom of a duffel bag. When you see the pics, please take a look at it - should the jib be gathered a bit (as it is now) on the mast side, or has that line shrunk over time & needs to be replaced with a longer line? I also need to know what that clip at the top attaches to. I know nada of jibs, but that I sailed with my family in an old wooden Penguin until I was about 5 & it had one.

Re: the sail, one of the battens is too long (red one) & I need to do some sewing repairs, otherwise looks pretty good. I need to know what would be right to use to scrub the mildew & spider web stains off - something that won't hurt the fabric.

This boat is definitely an AlumaCraft S-14, but there are no other manufacturer ID names or numbers on it. Everyone who has seen it is guessing it's a limited edition motor-sail hybrid, early 70's manufacture...? I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see another one.

Thanks again!
Best, Ericka

When I had to clean a sail that had been left rolled up and then had grass clippings blown on it to sit and stain out in the sun and rain, I used liquid laundry soap mixed with water and put in a stray bottle. Worked really good for me. You should also check North sails web site to see what they say about cleaning.

Thank you, AA.A - I'll check North Sails and try your cleaning tip. It was quiet today, so I got the boat rigged ~ new pics are posted.
Best, Ericka

Back