Sail # Question

no4j

I just bought the best toy I've ever owned. Don't take offense because I used the word toy. I mean it in the best possible way.

Anyway, the hull # is 1792 and the sails have #1823.

I've raced one design R/C sailboats and the AMYA issues registration #s for the sails. I suppose that is the case here with the 14.2 class. I don't intend to race it (right away). Is there a need to register and who would I register with?

Thanks

I don't think there's any need to register the boat except to race, but I can tell you that those aren't the original sails for the boat. Registration in regards to boat taxes, if they apply, don't typically specify requiring numbering on the sails.

So, unless it bothers you, you really don't need the numbers except for the purposes of identification at a distance on the water and want your actual hull number to be used. You can always order new numbers from Catalina Direct's website at http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?category=445.

OK. That's about what I thought. I have no plans for racing. There are some beautiful lakes near here with great facilities for launching but no fleet around as far as I know. Just "livin off sponge cake…and watchin the sun bake" if you know what I mean.

Also, I've got a few necessary parts coming in on Friday so it looks like Saturday morning will be the maiden voyage. Ohhhhhhh Can't wait!

Thanks,

Dave

The only time it would matter is if the guy with 1823 showed up to race. One of you then would ad a duct tape one to change the number for the regatta. Other than that, it never matters. Have fun!

Back