Rent Sunfish in Vancouver ?

taobsu1

I am looking for renting a sunfish in Vancouver for my vacation trip (end of August).

Do you guys know any place in town or surrounding area for casual sailing.
I am not a racer and will not plan to go out when it is beyond 15knots.

Jim

There are not a lot of Sunfish in Canada so the odds of some being available for rent are slim. You may need to open your search up to other small boats. Also having spent time in Vancouver it did not strike me as a place you'd likely go sailing in the harbor. You mght check the surrounding areas too. BB

As an avid sunfish enthusiast living in the Montreal area, I would be quite happy to rent out one of my Sunfish to any interested sailors.

Please reach out to me if you want to rent a Sunfish in the Montreal area.
Thank you,
tonyp
[email protected]

There are not a lot of Sunfish in Canada so the odds of some being available for rent are slim. You may need to open your search up to other small boats. Also having spent time in Vancouver it did not strike me as a place you'd likely go sailing in the harbor. You mght check the surrounding areas too. BB

That is kind of odd.

Why is a big difference comparing Canada and U.S. I saw a lot of similar sized dinghy all over Canada but Sunfish. Because it is expensive? or people thinks lateen sail is too simple? Or previous Sunfish maker did not market there? I saw tons of Sunfish in Caribbean/Bahamas.

I found there is a site on Vancouver called Jericho Sailing Center on English Bay has dinghy for rent. I would think it will be great to sail in place like Horseshoe Bay.

As an avid sunfish enthusiast living in the Montreal area, I would be quite happy to rent out one of my Sunfish to any interested sailors.

Please reach out to me if you want to rent a Sunfish in the Montreal area.
Thank you,
tonyp
[email protected]

Thanks. I will take your offer if come to Montreal.

Is that more Sunfish in east part of Canada? How about Toronto area?

Jim

Being a Canadian who recently aquired a Sunfish second hand, I can tell you, there isn't much stock out there! There are 2 dealers in Ontario that I know of. I have even searched nearby Buffalo, NY to see if there were any out there. Sailing on Lake Ontario, the only time I have seen Sunfish is for the class races.

I think it is a great boat, and needs to be promoted more.

Sunfish65

Jericho is probably the best spot to do your dinghy sailing, The entrance to Vancouver Harbour which includes Spanish Banks, English Bay, Kitsilano, Jericho etc. is a great place to sail, it is a huge area with sandy beaches and lots of open water. Horseshoe Bay has far too much vessel traffic including ferries. The Sunfish, I suspect is a rare bird on the west coast because the ocean is always cold and the SF is a wet boat. Laser's, Fireball's, Finn's, Byte's, Mega Byte's, 420's etc. are all much more popular.

Back