redoing bottom

missourisailer

how do you redo your bottom i have a 1993 laser with a radial and normal but how do you redo your bottom its getting close to getting really cold and i need somthing to do and by the way my bottom has many scratches from me launching it on shore. so i just need some tips for redoing a laser bottom :confused:

missourisailer said:
how do you redo your bottom :confused:

Hey Missourisailor. See the thread entitled "Gel Coat". It talks about paint options. You can find it with the search option in the bar above.

If you have just a few scratches, you can fill them with gel coat. Cover with plastic to exclude air as it cures. Sand with really fine sand paper, then rubbing compound to get the original luster. Annapolis Performance sailing sells bright white, which matches the bottom of my '03 Laser. The deck is dove gray. Hope you have a heated work room to cure whatever finish you use.

Merrily

thank you very much i am 13 years old and i got my 1992 laser for my birthday and i want it to be the perfect boat. i raced in the govorners cup a cup that we have at stockton lake it was really fun it was my first race. thanks for the info

brenden

missourisailer said:
i want it to be the perfect boat.
brenden

Brenden, you should read the new "gel coat blisters" thread if you haven't done so already. A squeegee, why didn't I think of that?

Merrily

Back