Radial Rig On Laser

mosheva

As seen in earlier posts that i know absolutly nothing about lasers, i need some help, here are my q's. First im putting a new radial rig on a 85' laser, and i was woundering is there any other things i should or change out for new ones on this laser before i sail and stuff. I know this post is like the retrofitting 73' laser post but i dont really dont see the connection, if some one would so kindly send a list of all the stuff i should change out of my laser (soon to be radial), it would so greatly be apprecaited. Email me at [email protected] if you want to see some pics of the boat (its in some wierd formate that i cant upload on to anything else) Thanks for all your info. Also im on a budget so i think i can only replace the bare minimal to race, it would also be good if u send a list about that

mosheva said:
As seen in earlier posts that i know absolutly nothing about lasers, i need some help, here are my q's. First im putting a new radial rig on a 85' laser, and i was woundering is there any other things i should or change out for new ones on this laser before i sail and stuff. I know this post is like the retrofitting 73' laser post but i dont really dont see the connection, if some one would so kindly send a list of all the stuff i should change out of my laser (soon to be radial), it would so greatly be apprecaited. Email me at [email protected] if you want to see some pics of the boat (its in some wierd formate that i cant upload on to anything else) Thanks for all your info. Also im on a budget so i think i can only replace the bare minimal to race, it would also be good if u send a list about that

There is nothing else that you need to change on your Laser. I bought a Laser with a standard rig, found it was too much for me to handle above 10 knots and so bought just the Radial rig--lower Radial mast and Radial sail. I change back and forth between them all the time, using the proper lower mast and sail, and everything works fine.

Merrily

mosheva said:
Should i replace any deck fittings or stuff? it is an 85? or should i just sail w/ what i got?

You'll have to access the condition of the equipment. I bought an old Europe Dinghy and am just replacing stuff as it breaks, but I'm not racing it. You may want to upgrade to the Performance version of the rigging if you are racing. You can see what the stuff looks like here:
http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e1167.asp

You can also see it all rigged up at Vanguards rigging PDF:

http://www.teamvanguard.com/2005/downloads/Laser_Rigging.pdf

Merrily

mosheva said:
So your saying that i should get a vang upgrade?

Gosh, Mosheva, only you can decide that. I like mine, but plenty of people get along just fine with the old rigging. Depends on how strong you are too. The new stuff is easier to put on when there's pressure on the sail.

Merrily

Lol, ok. I guess only i can decide! :p I Think i can probably race without one for a while. If any one objects then feel free to post, but i really think i dont need one, the 85' laser has only been used like 2, look brandnew so im sure i dont need one. Maybe in a year or two.
Thanks Merrily for the help!!!

Ben

Back