radial and full rig spar height

I was wondering what the difference in height is between the radial and the full rig. Does anyone know the measurement of the lower sections of the radial and the full rig spar?

Thanks guys for the info. It's really helped. I just got my laser full rig, but i need a radial...and my dad wanted to cut the bottom section of my spar to make it radial but, i adviced him to never go near my spars with any kind of cutting tool, if he knows whats best for him. :p :D

laser_sailorette said:
Thanks guys for the info. It's really helped. I just got my laser full rig, but i need a radial...and my dad wanted to cut the bottom section of my spar to make it radial but, i adviced him to never go near my spars with any kind of cutting tool, if he knows whats best for him. :p :D

Oh my gosh, Sailorette. So glad you're taking a stand. I think there's more than just a height difference. The lower mast on a radial is bendier too, if memory serves.

Merrily

ye its more flexiable due to the inner wall thickness.

but if he does feel the urge to tamper with ur spares, may i suggest he gets out the cordless screwdriver and the rivit gun and simply moves the top section collar up, creating a shorter mast height, tho i do suggest don't, i've sailed some one elses radial who did this, n its noway as good as my radial, u need that mast bend u get with the thiner mast wall,

merry xmas everyone

Back