• Please be alert for scammers offering shipped items. Just like any internet purchase, please use caution and be sure to verify identies. Phone calls are strongly recommended along with using payment methods offering protection for shipped items. Never use VENMO or Pay Pal Friends and Family for shipped goods. Also, please look out for users linking to an existing thread but providing a different email address to contact the original poster.

Expired Race ready J/24

This classified ad has expired.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackpappy

Price $
State
CALIFORNIA
City
Point Richmond
For your consideration is a very clean 1979 J24 sailboat named Mirthmaker. This is a well known race boat here in the bay, and is still ready to tear it up. I have very much enjoyed sailing it, and if I keep it, that's OK, but I'd like more of a cruiser for the family. I bought it mainly to singlehand and to do the SSS races next season, so it's been outfitted with that in mind, but I just don't have the time. Everyone who has been on it has remarked how clean the boat is. Anyway, here’s the list.

Solid hull with regular cleaning, good deck paint, shiny topsides, good standing and running rigging with new main halyard, Simrad TP10 tillerpilot, 50W Solar, 55AH Sealed Battery with Noco Genius 5 charger, depth and speed, updated hatches, full set of cushions below deck for sitting and sleeping, clean porta potty, 2yr old Tohatsu 6hp Saildrive outboard - freshly maintained, all the lights and electrical work and the wiring is clean, LED interior lights, 2 spin poles, all deck hardware sound, a bunch of PFD's, type 4 throwable, a couple of self inflating Sospenders, Kid's PFD, handheld VHF, flares, tools, doesn't smell bad, new bilge pump (but the bilge is always dry), Lifesling, seat cushions, cooler in cabin, Danforth anchor and rode. I'm probably forgetting stuff, but you get the idea.

Sails -
4 Mains - 3 really crispy, one in use that's good and has a reef point.
1 Storm Jib
2 100 Jib in good shape
1 130 Genoa - race dacron, good shape
1 180 Genoa - race dacron, good shape
4 Spinnakers - most have some tape patches here and there, but no rips that I saw. I have not flown them.

Bottom paint fair (according to my diver) but antifouling good, will need bottom paint in the next year or two.

This is a super clean boat, not a project, and is a joy to sail with no work needed. It is an older boat, so some items do look worn, but it all works great and doesn't need anything to go out today. It's definitely worth a look. Berthed in Marina Bay Yacht Harbor.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpeg
    IMG_0538.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0541.jpeg
    IMG_0541.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    641.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg