Race Ready Boats???

jakeeper

jakeeper
Looking at the Worlds Championship it occurs to me that if Vanguard supplies boats to the competition, they will probably have "used" boats available after the race... Hmmmm... Anyone know what happens to these boats?

The boats are sold to dealers who inturn sell them as Worlds Boat. Contact your local dealer to order one. They usually come with a worlds sail and a dolly. Good luck.

I don't think that's a worlds boat as the sail is a standard racing sail. It's a good boat I'm sure, but not a Worlds boat; they have colored racing sails

Some more detail:

Last year at the Worlds in Charleston, the local dealer bought a number of boats, and one could buy directly from him. Some participants bought the boat they had sailed. There may (!) also be one or more boats that haven't been sailed at all. This will depend on the final number of participants (currently 80+) and how many boats Vanguard will ship to Brant Beach (100?).

About the sail: I have heard (!) that the colored Worlds sails are cut the same as the white racing sails. This may well be true, because some well known, top-level, sailors bought Worlds boats last year. Obviously, they wouldn't want to be handicapped with a flatter sail in future races.

If you are really interested in getting a 2007 Worlds boat, you should contact the local Sunfish dealer for the Brant Beach area. You can also contact your local Vanguard shop and see if the owner is willing to get one for you. These boats are in high demand, it seems.

Thanks so much for all of the advice. Unfortunately I live in Los Angeles and the nearest Sunfish dealer I could find is in San Diego!! Annapolis Performance Sailing and West Marine has been a godsend for parts and such. I can't even find any races to enter locally. The west coast is a Sunfish desert.

Back