Questions for 1984 mod. 1

Rebeldog

I am the proud new owner of hull number 380. Overall boat is in good shape but needs some work and this site has been a great resource, so I figured I would start here:

1). What type of hardware is used to connect the mast to the plate, the bottom of my mast contains a rusty bolt and a few washers, my guess is there is a better option, cotter pin? Or wing nut to tighten?

2). Boat also comes with a Harken jib furler. When I raise the mast do is still use the forestay, or does the wire in the jib surrounded by the harken hardware replace the forestay?

3). The boom does not have a mainsheet attached to it, does anyone have a diagram on how you attach the mainsheet.

Sorry if these questions are basic, I have been out of sailing for a while, but am excited to get back into it with my kids.

Rebeldog,
#1 yes when the mast is stepped the stainless steel bolt goes through the step plate, through the the hole in the bottom of the mast, out the otherside of the mast plate, washer and on mine, I have a stainless steel butterfly nut tightened. I have an '87 mod 1

#2 no forestay needed as the Stay is sewn into the luff of the jib that is attached to the furling drum.

#3 look at pg 16 of the owners manual (on the front page of this forum) it gives a rigging diagram for the main sheet which is attached to the aft part of the boom with a becket block attached to a padeye to the boom.

good luck and enjoy your boat. Anthony

Back