Proper/best way to store a Laser

Shaelyn

I am wondering what would be the best way to store my new Lasers on land. I've seen them stored deck up on tires and on the side leaning against a fence. Any oppinons on the best way I could store my would be much appreciated! I don't have a trailer or dolly as of yet so that's not an option at the moment

Best way is deck down on some sort of support to spread the load. Most convenient is deck up on a trailer or dolly that supports the boat by the gunnel. What you don't want is the weight of the boat resting on the hull as this may deform it.

If you are on a budget, I would say deck down on a couple of sawhorses.

Last edited:
Best way is deck down on some sort of support to spread the load. Most convenient is deck up on a trailer or dolly that supports the boat by the gunnel. What you don't want is the weight of the boat resting on the hull as this may deform it.

If you are on a budget, I would say deck down on a couple of sawhorses.

Hi, I just bought a Laser and am storing it on a top rack at my yacht club. I have found that I'm able to get the boat off and on by myself by sliding, angling, and pivoting it. That allows me to sail whenever want, but I have to store it hull down. The rack has two padded, 8-inch wide runners running the length of the rack that support the boat.

Does anyone know if I am going to damage the hull storing it this way?

if you don't have a dolly, deck down on some supports. The LP builders in Newport suggested deck down when you trailer the boats as well

-On a dolly it's best stored on the gunwale supports, if you have a dynamic without the gunwale supports you can store it on the sling for short periods but if you're storing the boat for winter or long periods, flip it over deck down on the dolly. (Dynamic may have the gunwale supports available in the future)

wouldn't suggest on the side or on the ground, these are surefire ways to turn your laser into a garden piece

Hi, I just bought a Laser and am storing it on a top rack at my yacht club. I have found that I'm able to get the boat off and on by myself by sliding, angling, and pivoting it. That allows me to sail whenever want, but I have to store it hull down. The rack has two padded, 8-inch wide runners running the length of the rack that support the boat.

Does anyone know if I am going to damage the hull storing it this way?

It should be fine storing it that way, that's impressive that you can get it on an off yourself!

Thanks, for your reply, Lasexd. I try to get help when I can, but I don't want that to limit my water time.

I have a seitech dolly with gunwale supports, which I will use someday when I get a ground spot. Until then...

Back