Progress on Ghost, the Sailfish

Boatfinder

this is the thread for Ghost the super sailfish mkii, a boat that was found abandoned on august 13 2012 on linwood park beach in vermillion. it has sat there for about thirty years after the bow was severely damaged. my goal is to restore the boat and sail it again.

deleting this thread im gonna post a thread when we are gonna do it for real (we are just gonna do it with gorilla tape and use it as a jumping raft until i save up a little bit )

Most people quit trying to fix up an old boat after it has taken up space in their yard for about 8 months or a year.

I think you set a new record, with about 4 hrs. ;)

$650 ? That's what you paid for it ?
Did it come with all the rigging, boards, etc ?

I think giving up is the right decision. It is a wreck. And if you fix it, you still have a sailfish, not a sunfish.

also im going to do it in a few years when i have enough money to buy ALL new parts. my friend has extra parts but i think it will have an extra little shabam:cool:.

Most people quit trying to fix up an old boat after it has taken up space in their yard for about 8 months or a year.

I think you set a new record, with about 4 hrs. ;)

$650 ? That's what you paid for it ?
Did it come with all the rigging, boards, etc ?
this is my vacation. its 1 month long, and im leaving in 10 days. i found the boat 2 days ago. and as i said, im gonna wait a little bit, like 1-3 years. but the thought of an abandoned boat is the thing thats motivating me. the thing thats stopping me i$ money

How did you come up with the $650 price tag? Is that for new replacement parts (mast, rudder and sail)? Does it include epoxy, fiberglass and paint? I think the person who ditched this Sailfish was looking for a low price option so they wouldn't have to pay a disposal fee.:)

m
How did you come up with the $650 price tag? Is that for new replacement parts (mast, rudder and sail)? Does it include epoxy, fiberglass and paint? I think the person who ditched this Sailfish was looking for a low price option so they wouldn't have to pay a disposal fee.:)
my friend has parts but not a repair kit. so saying all the repair stuff you had to buy and tools that you rented it would be $650, but then you have to get a spot to repair it, blah blah blah blah:confused: and with someone has extra parts shaves you $200-500 depending on expensive you wanna go.

this is my vacation. its 1 month long, and im leaving in 10 days. i found the boat 2 days ago. and as i said, im gonna wait a little bit, like 1-3 years. but the thought of an abandoned boat is the thing thats motivating me. the thing thats stopping me i$ money
and also i found the boat FREE:D

Back