price???

Trevor33

I have a sunfish riged with a worn sail, re-varnished and re done dagger board and rudder, and a nice repaired hull. Can somebody please tell me how much I can sell this boat for? :confused:

Does it have the wrap-around gunwhale or the metal trim with rivets around the edge?
Does it have a rudder that fits on with a kind of hinge or with a grooved pintle that clips into the gudgeons?
Both of these are clues to age.

Does it leak?
Is it heavy?
Is it a recreational or racing sail?
Is the sail just worn or is it actually damaged?
How do the repairs to the hull look?
Does it have a proper ratchet block for the sheet or just a clip?

All of these will make a difference to the price. I'd say if it's a crummy old boat that's just good enough for a kid to mess around in it would be worth $500. If it's an older boat in decent condition (light, dry, clean, smooth) that just needs a few upgrades to make it a competitive racing boat then it could sell for $1000. If it's a newer boat with all the racing goodies and with a good sail, then over $2000 maybe. (But it doesn't sound like the latter.)

Its got a new style rudder, Its light, It does not leak, its got a recreational sail with acouple not to bad rips that have been patched with some sort of heavy tape. The patch jobs were done by me with fairing compound and I can switch the worn sail for a nicer sail. It also has a nice cam cleat and it has the aluminum rap around.

Did you look for the identifier on the right side of the stern? This code will allow you to find out when this boat was made. But really ancient boats don't have this identifier. Based on the info so far, I would estimate $500 max with the nicer sail.

It does not have a edenifier on the stern but its light, dry and you would never be able to tell if its an older boat.

Back