Pictures of your 14.2

H2oPaul

I was wondring if many of you had pictures of your 14.2 you care to post here. It seems every time I look at a picture of your boats here, I spend 5 minutes or more looking at more then what the Thread is intending the picture for. So I would love to just see any and every picture from Riging and hulls to trailers etc. I should be first to post here right now but my camara is acting up, So I well try and take a few pictures of us sailing and what not to post on here the next time I take her out. Thanks in advance. Paul :)

Photos

The photos we show on the home page are for aesthetics only, and not for instructional purposes. We carefully screen the ones we show.

If you have a pix that you think merits a spot on the home page, send it to me at [email protected]

Thanks

pepstuge said:
I was wondring if many of you had pictures of your 14.2 you care to post here. It seems every time I look at a picture of your boats here, I spend 5 minutes or more looking at more then what the Thread is intending the picture for. So I would love to just see any and every picture from Riging and hulls to trailers etc. I should be first to post here right now but my camara is acting up, So I well try and take a few pictures of us sailing and what not to post on here the next time I take her out. Thanks in advance. Paul :)

I have some general pics in my personal sailing gallery. http://www.sailorsmarket.com/album_personal.php?user_id=6

I don't want to take away anything from here. I am a member afterall. But if you want to post general pictures of your boat, trailer, etc, feel free to create your own gallery and post your's there too. For pictures with more details, (how to's...) see http://www.sailorsmarket.com/kb.php?mode=cat&cat=2

For

Dave

Dave Lilley . So, Can people post links to there own picture gallery here? by the Way Dave, is that a 14.2 mod1 you have? I was thinking of trying to putt a biger hatch door and making something more water sealed. any info on these would be grate. thanks

Unregistered said:
Dave Lilley . So, Can people post links to there own picture gallery here? by the Way Dave, is that a 14.2 mod1 you have? I was thinking of trying to putt a biger hatch door and making something more water sealed. any info on these would be grate. thanks

I was posting pictures in my "personal gallery here" of stuff like the cubby door and centerboard fixes, but the gallery here is for front page pictures. So, I figured the guys here wouldn't mind if I post a link to mine, since I have sections for personal and "front page" photos, and since my site isn't a commercial entity. I put it up for fun (and for one of my college course projects), and because I love sailing. Truth be known, I barely make any money off the advertisements, far less than it costs to operate the site. Anyway, that is why I hope nobody took offense at my offer to let people post their pictures on my site.

Yep, mine is a 1986 Mod I.

I made the new cubby door from Taco Marine Wood (synthetic, and guaranteed not to rot). I put a standard hatch gasket behind it. I'm not sure it is water tight, but when I turtled last year (with the old style wood door), I don't remember very much water getting inside anyway.

I used Taco Marine Stainless Steel hinges, although the ones I chose were a pain in the butt to put on. (I bolted them on and had to crawl into the cubby to put on the lock-washers and nuts.)

I used the old door as a template, and then cut the new door using a scroll saw. The ten sanded and rounded the edges using a palm sander. It took a bit of sanding to get the fit right. After that, I used a heat gun on a low setting to give the door a slight bow shape to match the cubby cutout, which on my boat at least, isn't perfectly straight.

1993 14.2 for sale

Original midwest boat moved to Florida two months ago. Second owner. Has not been sailed in over year and a half. Garage kept up until two months go. Sharelander trailor. Red, White and Blue sales are in perfect condition. Hull is good condition.

Call Terry at 904-386-2676.

Back