Pics of Aluma Craft Mystery Boat posted in the Photo Gallery!

wildgirl

I just put a few pics in the Photo Gallery if anyone wants to take a look. When we get a still day we'll get the sail up and take some more - let me know what you think this hunk of fiberglass is... BTW - I guess this is a scow...? I'm 100% ignant re: anything other than Sunfish, but a nice fellow on another forum sent me this - FUN video, quite a few boats very similar to this one racing & dumping (and almost dumping):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScM9HN3ZHRo

Please don't get mad at me for posting an old scow on the Sunfish forum - if I shouldn't be here regarding this boat, please let me know! (Maybe I can find a forum where folks with similar boats are, but first I have to find out what it is.)

Thanks again!
Best,
Ericka

The name doesn't show up in the US Sailing Portsmouth ratings either active or inactive.
So it's not a common boat.
Most small scows used for racing such as the M scow and Butterfly have minimal freeboard and use a standard rather than a lanten rig.
That boat is, I'd say, made for day sailing.

Thanks, Mike -
Still haven't measured, but laid everything out to hose it off and rig as best I could figure with what came with the boat. Aha - it has jib! It was stuffed in the bottom of a duffel bag. When you see the pics, take a look - should the jib be gathered a bit (as it is now) on the mast side, or has that line
shrunk over time & needs to be replaced with a longer line? I know nothing of jibs, except from when I sailed with my family in an old wooden Penguin as a toddler (I remember the inside of the boat & hanging on tight!)

This boat is definitely an AlumaCraft S-14, but there are no other manufacturer ID names or numbers on it. Everyone who has seen it is guessing it's a limited edition motor-sail hybrid, early 70's manufacture...? I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see another one.

Best, Ericka

Back