Philadelphia Frostbiting

Debos

We are trying to put together some frostbiting on the Delaware river, just south of Philadelphia PA.

We intend to race on Sunday mornings/afternoons.

Looking for some interested sailors.

Contact Chris @ [email protected]

What town will you be sailing from? Where would you put put the boats in? I am currently sailing at a lake near Exton, but live in Delco. How many boats are you expecting? And what happened to Philadelphia Laserfleet?

Debos said:
We are trying to put together some frostbiting on the Delaware river, just south of Philadelphia PA.

We intend to race on Sunday mornings/afternoons.

Looking for some interested sailors.

wmaparsons said:
What town will you be sailing from? Where would you put put the boats in? I am currently sailing at a lake near Exton, but live in Delco. How many boats are you expecting? And what happened to Philadelphia Laserfleet?

We are sailing out of Essington, on a little bay south of Tinicum Island. The number of boats is a bit up in the air, but we have a bunch interested, and 3 or 4 who will probably show up regularly.

You can check out our website - www.cycop.com it has a page for our Laser fleet, with results from this summer and spring.

I don't know what the Phila Laserfleet is doing - last I knew they were up under the Ben Franklin bridge, but that was a while ago. I know that Dr. Laser moved away, that may have impacted them a bit.

We have a great place to sail, lots of room, little traffic, and some good guys.

Send me an email if you are interested, we can talk more.

Debos said:
We are sailing out of Essington, on a little bay south of Tinicum Island. The number of boats is a bit up in the air, but we have a bunch interested, and 3 or 4 who will probably show up regularly.

You can check out our website - www.cycop.com it has a page for our Laser fleet, with results from this summer and spring.

I don't know what the Phila Laserfleet is doing - last I knew they were up under the Ben Franklin bridge, but that was a while ago. I know that Dr. Laser moved away, that may have impacted them a bit.

We have a great place to sail, lots of room, little traffic, and some good guys.

Send me an email if you are interested, we can talk more.

I may be up for this. I live like 40 minutes from Philly in South Jersey. I'd like to sail with some other laser guys/gals who would give me some advice, tips, tricks, etc. I planned on frostbiting anyway (im picking up a drysuit in the next month or so) and would liek to do it with some new friendly people. Keep me posted. Sundays are usually great for me.

Gregg

Bunky9590 said:
I may be up for this. I live like 40 minutes from Philly in South Jersey. I'd like to sail with some other laser guys/gals who would give me some advice, tips, tricks, etc. I planned on frostbiting anyway (im picking up a drysuit in the next month or so) and would liek to do it with some new friendly people. Keep me posted. Sundays are usually great for me.

Gregg

We would love to have you. Send me an email @ [email protected]

Our program has started - 2 weeks in, we have a regular core of 4 sailors, and a have been having a great time - lots of wind, lots of races, and minimal swimming - well maybe last week was minimal swimming anyway.

The races first gun is at 1:30, and the course is right by the docks, so quick and easy setup. We will be running until December 18, barring major disaster.

Contact me if you are interested - We would love to have you come by.

Chris DeBruyn
email: [email protected]
cell: 610-283-4514

Back