Pattern for Sunfish Deck Cover

Picking a pattern is a challenge, but the pattern you select can tell people a lot about you and your personality. Matching the pattern to the color of your Sunfish can yield the best results. For instance, if your Sunfish has green trim, flowers and natural scenes on the fabric might make sense. Blue might call for an interesting blue plaid, and if your boat is one of the older ones with sort of a deep red color, it just begs for a tartan plaid pattern. Enjoy expressing your personality and telling people about yourself by picking a great pattern. Good luck!

lol, oh geez, I don't know, but you might be better off using paper or cheap fabric to trace it and work from there for the sewing part of it.

I could not find anything in the usual places, but there is a video from where I bought my cover, and they use a clear plastic template:

Use your fabric and cut it out on the boat. We bought 10 yards of canvas cloth about 36 inches wide, cut it to 5 yard lengths. Then sewed it together to make a piece 2 yards wide. Laid it on top of the Sunfish and then went around the edge with scissors, cut off excess about 5-6 inches below the aluminum trim. Leave enough excess for it to come down the sides a bit AND to be folded over for a wide seam. Make the seam wide so you can thread a line through it by attaching a big paper clip to the end and working line through. We added tabs and lines about every 2 feet along both sides to tie it down for road trips, works great. OBTW I say "we" like I know how to sew, I did the cutting, my wife did the sewing.

In this pic we were fitting the cover on the Sunfish in the background. I'll pull out a cover and take some more pics if you're interested

Back