Past Women's NA's Champions?

You can find most of the results of the Women's NAs for the last 15 years or so at http://www.sunfishclass.org/results/index.htm

Thanks Geezer...I'm not sure when the first Womens NA's were held but I was able to make up a list of the last ten winners from that archive.

1996 - Kara Forman
1997 - Nancy Haberland
1998 - Linda Tillman
1999 - Nancy Haberland (2)
2000 - JoAnne Weberlein
2001 - Anne Patin
2002 - Nancy Haberland (3)
2003 - Gail Heausler
2004 - Ann Edwards (not sure which one?)
2005 - JoAnne Kolius (2)
2006 - Jackie Sims

There's more than one Anne Edwards? Pretty sure that the champion is the former Anne Swan now married to Todd Edwards.

But what do I know? I am knot an expert on females. I am knot an expert on the Edwards family. My opinion has know weight.

Both Todd and Clinton married an Anne. Clinton married Anne Swan. Todd married Anne Buccella. Now we’re lucky enough to have two Anne Edwards in the Sunfish class. Still not sure which one won the event, although I’m inclined to agree with your guess of Anne Swan.

Regardless...this all came about when I was recently trying to convince a young adult female sailor that the Sunfish class was for her…I got frustrated trying to find any resources to entice new female sailors to our class.

Both Todd and Clinton married an Anne. Clinton married Anne Swan. Todd married Anne Buccella. Now we’re lucky enough to have two Anne Edwards in the Sunfish class. Still not sure which one won the event, although I’m inclined to agree with your guess of Anne Swan.

Regardless...this all came about when I was recently trying to convince a young adult female sailor that the Sunfish class was for her…I got frustrated trying to find any resources to entice new female sailors to our class.

No doubt that the one who won the championship in 2004 is married to our Class Measurer, Todd Edwards. See Windward Leg, Vol 33 No. 2. It was a high-wind series with 19 competitors.

Regarding the 'enticement', you can mention that the ladies championship is coming up shortly.

Now I'm really confused. If it's not bad enough having two Edwards, I now discover that both Edwards are married to Annes so now we have four Edwards and two of them have the same name. Foggy says Clinton married a Swan and she is the champion. But Wavedancer says that Todd's wife is the champion. My head hurts. They can't both be right, can they? And didn't Patin marry a sailor called Anne too or is she an Ann? Can we just agree that all female Sunfish sailors shall be addressed as Anne and then I wouldn't have to remember all their names?

Let me clear up the confused for Notion and Geezer. Clinton is married to Ann formerly Hull. I am married to Todd. I started out Anne Swan, married and went to Anne Buccella, divorced and returned to Anne Swan, and now am married to Todd. Now, does this help you?
Anne Edwards (Mrs. Todd)

Thank you Mrs Todd Anne Swan Buccella Swan Edwards. It's all perfectly clear now. And congratulations on your Championship. It was you I assume and not Mrs Clinton Anne Hull Edwards?

By the way why do Edward Todd and Edward Clinton always refer to themselves with their last names first? It's very confusing.

Let me clear up the confused for Notion and Geezer. Clinton is married to Ann formerly Hull. I am married to Todd. I started out Anne Swan, married and went to Anne Buccella, divorced and returned to Anne Swan, and now am married to Todd. Now, does this help you?
Anne Edwards (Mrs. Todd)

:eek: I need some Tylenol and a nap after that!

Thanks for clearing this up for us (me) and a very belated congratulations Anne! My apologies to Ann and Clinton for the mix up...I was close. :)

Back