Painting a Laser

orcassailor

I bought a used Laser that had a hole in the hull near the stern which i have repaired. I am wondering what type of paint I should use. I was trying to find a glow in the dark paint for my boat, but all the ones I have found are not for boats. I am also wondering if I need to put something else on before or after I paint it. What should I sand it with before I paint it, and how much should I sand it? Any help would be much appreciated.

I just painted an old Laser yellow with Interlux Brightside, a one-part polyurethane paint. Before that I put on a coat of a polyurethane primer. It turned out pretty well, but not wonderfully because I'm not a maniac about perfection. I suggest that you go to the library and check out a book about boat maintenance. There are a bunch out there and they can answer any question you have.

I just repaired and painted a '76 that I bought this fall, and never having my own Laser before I got all the information I needed off this site. Do some searching, there is tons of info about this subject here. I had lots of scratches to fill and glass work to smooth out, so I sanded from 80 grit down to 220. Then 2 coats of Epoxy Primekote, sanding between with 220, then 2 coats of Perfection, sanded between with 320. It looks awesome now.

Back