Overall height in the water

JoeD

Can anyone tell me how much clearance is required for a Capri 14 when it is in the water - i.e the top of the mast from the waterline? Also, where can I find the tech specs for the boat. I am looking at acquiring one but have to be able to get it into a covered slip - yes the roof is tall! Also, I have not seen the boat yet so am not sure if it is a Capri 14, a Capri Omega 14.2 - mod whatever yet. I just know that it has been kept in covered storage, needs to be used, and the owner refers to it as a Capri 14.

Thanks

I have something that says the "I" measurement on the Capri 14 is 15 feet. That does not make sense. That ("I") is the mast height above deck. Elsewhere it says the waterline to masthead is 22'-1". That makes more sense. On my Omega 14 the "I" is 18.5 and the deck is about 18" above the waterline for a total of about 20 feet. That makes sense because I measured the mast and it was 20 feet and it sits at about the waterline length. The Omega 14 is a bit smaller than the Capri 14.2. BTW,
drawing omega 14 copied fr copy2.JPG
I don't think there is anything called Omega 14.2..

Thank you for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for. I also joined the other site. Good lead....

Back