Ouch

Now, I know that I should have let the kicker off more before gybing, but I now have a 2" cut in my head caused by the metal mainsheet guide. Being a great grandmaster means I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

Worse, I lost the first place in the days event because I had to go to hospital.

I have seen a diagram showing alternative metal and plastic mainsheet guides on the boom, but I can't find these on the lasersailing parts list. Can anyone advise or suggest a more human-friendly method of supporting the sheet??

thanks

Stephen in Weymouth

Mine has a loop of nylon (I thing) webbing approx. 2cm or so wide round the boom (as supplied by PSE (UK). The boom can still bash you but nothing hard and nasty below the boom.

Ian

or you could make everything out of foam... but would that be class legal? NO WAY! only kidding i suggest the line cover, just as efficient, and also its lighter so it gives you that no extra weight advantage lol

that reminds me... i need to put one of those on my boom considering my boom is from 1976 so it has the SS mainsheet guide and it hurts when i hit it with my head.

It is very easy to make your own for under a dollar either using a short piece of line jacket (the outside of cored line) or a short piece of strapping material...Use a hot knive or heated up phillips screwdriver to melt rivet holes in each end then rivet onto boom with a small washer....

It is very easy to make your own for under a dollar either using a short piece of line jacket (the outside of cored line) or a short piece of strapping material...Use a hot knive or heated up phillips screwdriver to melt rivet holes in each end then rivet onto boom with a small washer....

And, this is one of the few times where the rules don't specify that this replacement must be Builder Supplied, so it is actually legal to make your own.

Back