One easy step to keeping ur hull nice lookin

Flusha

Hey, not a complete expert but in terms of things to do to ur laser this for me seems a little like u should. Put a coat of paint on my dolly and over a few months noticed that it has been taking a few dings (and as a result my hull :mad:) Went to the local plumbers and picked up some pipe foam and zip tied it to the spots where paint had turned up(the paint being white, ie from my precious hull). The foam (for 2m) cost 5 bucks., the ties also cost 5 bucks, a new laser hull costs 8000. Always had a hard time landing my laser on the dolly when there surf. On shore winds suck.

Attachments

• P3230008.jpg
    P3230008.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 36
Depends a bit if your dolly is a triangle plan form type or 'T' type like some Seitech with a single central beam.

With the triangle planform, loading /unloading is generally best from thje rear of the dolly - launching over the handlebars (front bow post) is sometimes appealing but the nuts on te traveller bolts under the gunnel at the rear often give you grief.

The single beam 'T form' dolies allow you sometimes to step onto the center bar to sink the dolly an let the boat swing to the side.

All dolies can damage the bow if the boat is left in marginal flotation in a chop.

To safegard the hull, suggest pad the aft axcel beam and the bow support area. Some people also pad the frame on triangular planform dolies close to the lift ballance point - but this may not be necessary if you think about your launch / retrieval technique.

As far as dolly protection is concerned, just make sure the structural joins are not rusted or fatigued.

Back