• Please be alert for scammers offering shipped items. Just like any internet purchase, please use caution and be sure to verify identies. Phone calls are strongly recommended along with using payment methods offering protection for shipped items. Never use VENMO or Pay Pal Friends and Family for shipped goods. Also, please look out for users linking to an existing thread but providing a different email address to contact the original poster.

Old Style Rudder - Very Good Condition

Old style rudder for sale. Located in north Chicago suburbs. Very good condition.
Sunfish Rudder.jpg

Doug, I am desperately needing a rudder latch plate, the piece that latches the old style rudder down. Do you happen to have that piece and willing to sell?

Doug,

If you are referring to the bronze plate that screws on to the keel (middle fitting in the attached photo) I have this part, $20 + shipping. Contact me at: [email protected] if you want it. Need anything else?

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Attachments

• E434A243-F35D-41D4-BE4C-8D8DE68213ED.jpeg
    E434A243-F35D-41D4-BE4C-8D8DE68213ED.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
Hi Doug, looks like Happy farmer needs the bracket, and as you said, Alan has it. I’m still on the market for your rudder assembly.

Regards,

Kris

Uh-oh.
Haven’t heard back and it appears I’m competing with collectors while trying to teach my daughter to sail.
I picture this needle swinging back and forth between a salvaged replacement and the conversion someone suggested, heh :)

Minka if you stay with the old style there is a plastic tube that slides on the vertical bolt to keep the upper and lower bracket in line.

Not our photo but here's the type of tube referred to on a fiberglass Sailfish, a longer tube was used on the Sunfish. The tube nestled into the transom cove and helped limit side to side play.

Alcort Super Sailfish MKII rudder carriage bolt tube.jpeg

Back