Newbie from India

Ravi

Hi everybody,

Just started sailing a year back. Just tried the Laser for the first time this sunday! And I suppose I am now an addict with no known cures :) I was sailing the Enterprise.

Just turned 50 a month back too!

I have been lurking here these past few weeks and have immensely benefitted from some of the posts. I wouldn't need to lurk anymore, I guess!

My wife Shantha is a little more accomplished laser sailor with more laser hours in the water.

We live on the east coast in Chennai in India. We got our own Laser just a few weeks back. We only have about 15 laser sailors in our local club here. Sailing is not a common sport around here but is definitely getting better.

If any of you come calling to these parts give us a holler and we will share our Laser and Kingfisher (that's our beer!) with you. Also hoping that someday we will sail in other parts of the world.

And thanks to all for the opportunity to share this info.

Warmly,
Ravi

Welcome Ravi and Shantha!

Thank you for introducing yourself.

15 boats in your club is more than enough to have a great time. The trick is to get them all out there regularly.

Have fun and enjoy sailing.

Merrily said:
Allow me to add my welcome, too!

What's the wind like where you are?
Thanks Chris and Merrily,

For the welcome. Winds, this week were about 8 to 10 kts. Over the next few weeks as the monsoon sets in, that will go up to 20. We have good swells over here generally. Under a meter now, but that will go up too.

Back