New to the Netherlands

Cenutrio

I wonder if there's any Dutch laser sailor in these forums. I will start a new job at the University of Utrecht and I'll bring my Laser from Spain. I heard Prosail is nearby this city and it may be a great way to get in touch with the fleet. Let me know

carlos

Cenutrio said:
I wonder if there's any Dutch laser sailor in these forums. I will start a new job at the University of Utrecht and I'll bring my Laser from Spain. I heard Prosail is nearby this city and it may be a great way to get in touch with the fleet. Let me know

carlos

I don't live there anymore, but I know that there are many Laser activities in The Netherlands. Loosdrecht (a lake) is not too far from Utrecht and the Ysselmeer isn't very far either (it's a small country after all). Big time ("rock star") regatta(s) as well, like the Holland Regatta (formerly the Spa regatta) on the Western shore of the Ysselmeer (Enkhuizen or Medemblik, I am not sure right now). Several Dutch are prepping for the Olympics, so you are likely to find competition. And there are major league Laser regattas in Germany as well, e.g., Kiel week. And if you like wind, you will have lots of opportunities.

I know I emailed him early this week. Thanks for your feed back.

I thought Prosails was pretty close to Utrecht, on the north.

How far would you say Uitdam is?

I know Utrecht is around 25 min by train of Amsterdam is there public transportation to Uitdam?

In your opinion which is the closest fleet from utrecht? or good sailing spot?

Sorry for all these questioning? I'm bringing my laser to the Netherlands and I'll in search for a convenient spot where to sail.

Uitdam is 15 km from amsterdam, and there isn't any public transport to it, I think. Or maybe there is, but the connection will not be that good, and since busses don't go to often in the weekends, I wouldn't count on that.

I thought Prosails was pretty close to Utrecht, on the north.

We just have been moved from Muiderzand (Flevoland) to Uitdam. So yes, we are more closer to Amsterdam now, and the ride will be a little bit longer from Utrecht.

In your opinion which is the closest fleet from utrecht? or good sailing spot?

In the Netherlands there are 2 big training groups at the moment. 1 group trains with the national federation in Medemblik, which is pretty much to the north of the country, and trains on the IJsselmeer. Prosails trains at Uitdam now, and trains more weekends.

The IJsselmeer is a very good place to sail, and it is the place where most of the big regattas are held Holland.

We just have been moved from Muiderzand (Flevoland) to Uitdam. So yes said:
Yes, I assumed Prosails was in Muiderzand. That is why I contacted Prosails.

Do you know, if there's still Laser activity in the Muiderzand marina?

My problem is that since I'll work at Utrecht, I rather have a close training spot (20-30 km radius).

Any advice is very welcomed :)

No activity anymore in Muiderzand unfortunately. They will not tolerate any laser sailing activity there anymore, I think :(.

There is not a big difference between Utrecht-Muiderzand and Utrecht-Uitdam.
The difference is 10 minutes.

Utrecht - Uitdam 50 minutes
tgigw.dll

Utrecht- Muiderzand 37 minutes
tgigw.dll

Dutchlaser said:
No activity anymore in Muiderzand unfortunately. They will not tolerate any laser sailing activity there anymore, I think :(.

Why is that... it was surely a convinient place for :(

Anyhow, I'll adapt so Uitdam seems like my first option now. I plan to have a car at least during a couple of months but I'll have to return it to my brother (he is sailing the VOR from Rio-Goteborg) once he is back.

I may buy a motorbike later...

However the important thing to say is to thank you for the feed back.

My name is Carlos, we'll meet soon. Thanks!

Back