New sail w/ bad batten pocket

Dr29er

Looking for advice. I got a new sail late last fall. Put my numbers and tell tales on. Went out for my final sail of the season to try it and could not get the middle batten to go far enough in to pop into place. Fortunately had my old sail along and used that.

Back at home, upon close comparison with the old sail, I found that the the middle batten pocket on the new sail has one extra stitch where you slide the leech end of the batten down.

My question is this: Given that this is a brand new sail but already has the numbers on it (an hour or two of work), do you recommend (a) using a sail repair kit and fixing it myself or (b) returning the sail as defective?

David

Definitely take it back for repair. One should not have to fix a new sail, especially considering the price. The seller will most likely agree...

Cheers!

You can either a) bring it back to the dealer you bought it from and he will bring it to the local sailmaker and have the stitch removed/repaired/replaced for the cost of a cold beer or b) you bring it to your local sailmaker and he will have the stitch removed/replaced/repaired for the cost of a cold beer...or C) drink the cold beer and remove/replace/repair the stitch yourself..Either way should be simple...

Back