Need laser in Maine for week in July

My family has decided on a reunion in Scarborough Maine week of July 13. I would like to find a decent laser I could lease for the week, preferably on a dolly. As a minimum I'd bring my own sail, mainsheet & vang/cunningham setup. I'd rather not have to bring tiller/extension & blades but could probably manage that if necessary.

Merrily if I've put this in the wrong place then please move it for me :) thank-you!

Say Mike;

Good luck with finding a Laser for your trip to Maine in July.

See you at the Bay Challenge in the mean time.

Dave Vaughan
Ft. Walton Beach Florida

Mike - I may have a boat for you to use during your visit here. I will know for sure when my own vacation plans firm up. Assuming I'm away with family the boat is available. If we wind up doing family vacation a different week I'll need the boat while you're here. So - if someone else puts a boat up grab it, otherwise stay in touch.

Thanks - what are the winds typically like up there in July? Do you get a sea-breeze? I'm guessing the water stays pretty cold and I will need my version of winter sailing gear :) -- 3/4 hikers, boots, 1/2mil neoprene top with spray top. Or do I need a full wetsuit?

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have one that you can use, but it's 3 hours away in VT. Maybe some family member is passing by here on the way to Maine.

It's older, dry, has dolly and all the usual toys. They can probably use my trailer too, if needed.

July in Maine? Bring everything, lol.

Al

Hi Mike,

I have one that you can use, but it's 3 hours away in VT. Maybe some family member is passing by here on the way to Maine.

It's older, dry, has dolly and all the usual toys. They can probably use my trailer too, if needed.

July in Maine? Bring everything, lol.

Al

Thanks Al, but I think the 3 hr one-way trip might be stretching it. Hopefully one will pop up closer.

Mike

Mike - I may have a boat for you to use during your visit here. I will know for sure when my own vacation plans firm up. Assuming I'm away with family the boat is available. If we wind up doing family vacation a different week I'll need the boat while you're here. So - if someone else puts a boat up grab it, otherwise stay in touch.

sshow_bob - I tried to get in touch and just after managed to trash my drive, finally sorting it all out. If you have a boat avail I would sure love to talk -- otherwise my options are trying to learn how to kiteboard in REALLY cold water, or god forbid, spend the week fishing !!!

you can email me at [email protected] or reply here or pm me.

thanks
Mike

also - it really isn't for a week. We arrive late Sunday evening 7/13 and will be leaving on Friday 7/18 - so only looking for it during the work-week if that helps
Mike

Hey Mike - I did try to reply a week or so ago. Not sure what happened. In any event, the last e-mail said: I plan to be around so I think I'll want to have the boat. It'd be a vacation week for me, too. Now, however, I'm actually contemplating selling it so its a bit iffy.

Well don't think I can buy it, but like I said, I would sure be interested in talking if you wanted to rent it.

But sounds like you are either going to sell it or sail it that week, so I will just plan on bringing the kiteboard - it'll be more entertaining for the rest of the clan to watch me attempt to kill myself with that anyway :)

I am about 1.2 Hrs West in Manch. NH and have a former USCG Academy Laser here at my house, along with a few Laser 2's. If you want to rent it I can send it along on a trailer, as I have several other boats my family wouldn't mis this one for the week. Call or Email me, Steve at (603)622-5129, so we can get the arrangements in order.

Back