Need Fiberglass Repair Work Done

Robsail

Hi, I am wondering if there is anyone in the West Palm Beach, Florida area who knows someone who does fiberglass work on dighnys. I have a fiberglass issue in the centerboard trunk area!!! please help!

thanks
Robby

how bad is the damage..... fiberglass isnt that hard to work with sometimes the biggest issue is not making a mess lol.... the most common place to get damage around the center board trunk is right were the deck and the hull join at top on the leading edge side(or even the trailing edge side) either way some epoxy resin with a bit of fiberglass cloth mixed in will do the job nicely.. post some pics of where the damage is and i would be more than happy to walk you through it(if its not to bad?)

Can you post pics? There are many times light cracks around the trunk show up that can be ignored, as they are shrinkage or some other stress related gel coat (only) cracks. These aren't worth much bother. Another thing to try is hold a bright light outside the hull, and take pics of the inside thru the port next to the trunk (of a '96?). Generally, faint bright lines will show up in gelcoat cracks, but bright lines will show up in serious cracks.

All that said, a whole bunch of us will be in PB for the FL masters. Cocktail hour is a good time for free advice. Ask for Al (Mic light :). White Van, Vt plates.

Al Russell 182798

Back