Need advice for selling several Lasers

Ruairi O'Shea

Hello, I'm a complete novice to sailing, but as part of my job at university I have a variety of laser class sailboats which I need to sell for as much money as possible. I've tried to investigate the sport and find out as much information as I can to sell these boats, but I get the impression it would take a lifetimes experience to get a good deal for these and so I was wondering if anyone could lend me a hand and help me with a bit more information.

The boats I have for sale are: (I think).....

Laser 3000 light green 3156
Laser 2 7223
Laser 2 7203
Laser 2 9976

If anyone could just give me any information about selling these, or maybe what kind of sums I should be looking for.

Check craigslist, ebay and the classifieds on here to compare prices. If you wait til spring you'll probably get more for your money, especially with an older boat because most recreational sailors don't sail when its cold.

You can probably get more parting out the boats and rigging but, it will take alot more work. Complete boats are easiest to sell.

Place them all on ebay & let the market decide there true value,
be honest about there condition & what there exactly is with them & nothing will then come back to bite you.

Back