Moving to Norfolk, needing to race

Braecrest

Greetings all;
Today I just recieved my orders for this fall and I have been ordered to Norfolk VA. I was wondering what local fleets are active and where I can sail out of? If anybody has any advice I'd be very greatful. E-mail address is [email protected] Thanks for your time!

Glen,
Good news: There is Laser racing every wednesday night at the Norfolk Navy Sailing Center. Also, my friends and I are trying to get a group together for weekends or another weeknight out of Portsmouth, VA. Checkout the District 11 website.
Also, you are in good company. I have a friend who went to King's Point who I believe is still in town here in Norfolk. He has a Laser. He was the bowman on Gunsmoke. I don't think he sails the laser much. Maybe you and I can get him out there. Feel free to email me.
[email protected]

Jack said:
Also, you are in good company. I have a friend who went to King's Point who I believe is still in town here in Norfolk. He has a Laser. He was the bowman on Gunsmoke. I don't think he sails the laser much. Maybe you and I can get him out there. Feel free to email me.
[email protected]

He was the bowman on the J35 Gunsmoke? if so I was her skipper in her last season with the academy, she has since been sold and is racing the sound. I'm now the skipper of a 51' ketch Avalanche...

Back