Motor Questions

treehugger

When I bought this boat it came with a Gamefisher 3.5 HP motor. I have spent close to 5 Hrs trying get it to run. I am thinking of giving up and getting a newer motor. I am looking at a Yamaha 2.5, Tohatsu 2.5, and Honda 2. My main question is which shaft length is best. I will be mounting directly to the stern for now. Any input is appreciated & thanks in advance.

motor

Treehugger, get yourself a Honda 2hp 4 stroke with a long shaft (20 inches). The Honda has a great clutch system, you rotate the motor around for reversing and the control handle simply flips around for this, also it's quiet, it's going to run you about $985 but you won't regret it.

Treehugger, get yourself a Honda 2hp 4 stroke with a long shaft (20 inches). The Honda has a great clutch system, you rotate the motor around for reversing and the control handle simply flips around for this, also it's quiet, it's going to run you about $985 but you won't regret it.

Plus they're air cooled so you don't have to worry about water in the system, pump impellers, etc.

Thanks for the advice. I called a marina today and they have two Honda 2HP in stock. Or make that one in stock... The other is being prepped for me to pick up first thing Mon. morning when I get off work.:D

Back