More Hull Repair Advice Please!

C_P

Just looking for opinions. I was taking on water everytime I went out. A leak test confirmed that this crack (the larger of the two) is the source. Marine Tex or a fiberglass patch? I put a 6 inch port on the deck and found no cracks to the interior fiberglass. I'm only in about $200 for this boat- trailer and all- so I don't want to spend much. It only goes out a few times a year. So what say you Sunfish Nation?
61rZ5.jpg

Has someone already tried to fix that crack from the outside or is that just where the gelcoat has worn off the boat from being dragged across a sandy beach? If you can get to the inside of it through the 6" deckplate you would be better off to get it dried out good and put a couple of layers of glass cloth on the inside of the hull behind where the crack is and wet it out with Epoxy.

How long is the crack? It looked 2-3 inches long to me. If that is the length of it, I stand by my original repair suggestion.

Crack was 2-3 inches. It wasn't through to the interior of the hull. I sanded it way down chipped out the the bad chunks and filled her with marine tex. We shall see! I'm optimistic though. Thanks BB.

Back