Minifish edge repair

kirtap

I recently bought an older minifish that is in surprisingly good shape. However, it does have a few chips out of the edges. What would be the best way to repair these and make it looks like new?

Also, I notices the hiking strap runs side to side and not fore/aft. I am used to sailing on Lasers for school with the strap running fore/aft. Why was it designed like this, it seems to me like this would be rather ineffective. Can anyone explain? Thanks

In the picture, you can see the chips along the stern, as well as the hiking strap.

Attachments

• IMG_2856.jpg
    IMG_2856.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 89
"...Also, I notices the hiking strap runs side to side and not fore/aft...Why was it designed like this...?"
That is odd. :confused:

My experience with my Porpoise II (also a shorter boat than a Sunfish, but with fore/aft straps) is that you don't want to hike out very far. This may be the manufacturer's way of discouraging capsizings. (My guess). :cool:

That does appear to be a beauty—a great find. In New Hampshire, registration is not required for any boat of less than 12-feet in length. :) (Saving $20+ per year).

Back