minifish coaming

P323

Has any minifish owners out there made a coaming to keep the gallons of water from coming over the bow. I get so much water over the front the bailer can't keep up.

Thanks
PaulB

Has any minifish owners out there made a coaming to keep the gallons of water from coming over the bow. I get so much water over the front the bailer can't keep up.

Thanks
PaulB

Are you sailing on a lake or in the ocean?

I've had water come up and over but the bailer keeps up, but I'm on a lake with powerboats. Have you weighed your hull? I wonder if she's riding too low in the water?

I sail on the lower Chesapeake Bay. When the wind gets up around 14-18kts like yesterday it can get choppy. This minifish is new to me... I'm used to having a coaming like the sunfish.
I've noticed the boat is vary weight sensitive. In light air its best to set forward and heavier air set aft to keep the front from digging in :eek:.
I am also using a sunfish sail so at 15kts I'm a bit overpowered but its a lot of fun!

I'll weigh the boat today. I think 80lbs is about the right weight.

PaulB

I sail on the lower Chesapeake Bay. When the wind gets up around 14-18kts like yesterday it can get choppy. This minifish is new to me... I'm used to having a coaming like the sunfish.
I've noticed the boat is vary weight sensitive. In light air its best to set forward and heavier air set aft to keep the front from digging in :eek:.
I am also using a sunfish sail so at 15kts I'm a bit overpowered but its a lot of fun!

I'll weigh the boat today. I think 80lbs is about the right weight.

PaulB

IIRC 80 lbs is about right.
Perhaps settings is all you need to adjust? Or perhaps something has clogged the bailer?
Yeah, with a lot of water spilling over, the "coaming" seems to just be a ramp that makes water go up and hit you dead in the face, lol.
I get a bit of weather helm in 15 kts. I can't imagine what it's like with a bigger sail. My next purchase is the adjustable gooseneck. :D
I think the booms are the same size. :confused:

well... the weight is 105lbs :eek: Thats a bit over 80, no wonder it feel a little sluggish.
I my have to put my fish on a diet.

Back